<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Banana Leaf Kitsilano (Vancouver, Canada)

December 10, 2011

Banana Leaf Kitsilano (Vancouver, Canada)

I had never tried Malaysian food and have always wanted to try Banana Leaf- the one Malaysian restaurant in Vancouver that has been voted the best year after year. And now that I have finally been I can't believe I've never been there before. Its been around forever and now has four separate locations including the newest addition on Davie St. On this occasion we went to the Kitsilano location. 

Malaysian food is a mixture of culinary tastes from India, China, Thailand and Indonesia. It combines the best of South East Asia, from India's roti canai (seen below), Singapore's laksa, to China's Hainanese chicken rice. 

There is so much selection to choose from so don't hesitate to ask your server for their favorites. The roti canai- a serving of flaky layered break with curry dip, was a must- so delicious and definitely set the tone for the rest of the meal. In fact I think I filled up quickly on just the roti itself.

Our meal was served very quickly and all of us cleaned our plates in less than minutes!!
Everything was so fresh- all the vegetables in the curry were fresh and crunchy including the okras (one of my favorite vegetables). I would really love to learn to make some of their dishes. In fact it would be great if they would offer some cooking classes. 

For our main dish we ordered the boneless chicken curry, the lamb curry and sole curry. Every single dish was more than amazing. Not that we had any room for dessert but given that our main dishes were so good we had to order dessert which was even better. You MUST try the coconut filled crepes and the deep fried banana. Both are really delicious. I haven't been to the other locations yet but I will keep my readers posted if and when I do. 



Chicken coconut red curry served with okras, eggplants and yellow/red bell peppers


Coconut crepe crepes....amazing!
Deep Fried Banana served with ice-cream 


Banana Leaf (Kitsilano) on Urbanspoon

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home