<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Les Faux Bourgeois (Vancouver, Canada)

July 18, 2011

Les Faux Bourgeois (Vancouver, Canada)

Last night I finally got to try Les Faux Bourgeouis- the french restaurant that everyone has been raving about. I've actually tried to go a few times however they are always full and I can't get reservations. So last night we decided to just show up and hope for the best. The time estimate for a table at the bar was 45 minutes...and so we walked over to the Japamaican restaurant next door: the Lion's Den to wait. 

Within 20 minutes we were called to our bar space. The restaurant is not really in an area known for its food yet the restaurant has managed to get the crowds flocking to this corner of Kingsway st.  


The inside is very chic and simple. I felt like I was back in Paris- especially as soon as the bartender welcomed us in his lovely french accident. Almost all of the staff were speaking french which added to the french ambiance. 

Like all french experiences we started out our night with a bottle of red wine. For starters I ordered the onion soup and my friend, the goat cheese salad. The goat cheese salad looked and tasted amazing- and was on par with most salad de chevres I've had in France. However, I can't say I was overly impressed with the onion soup. It was average- the broth was lacking in flavor and it was served warm. I was also not very happy with the chunks of bacon- however the melted cheese was perfect. 

Onion Soup
For our entrees we both ordered the steak/frites- which was cooked to perfection and served with a side of delicious crispy fries. 

Steak Frites
For dessert we ordered the chocolate mousse which was very chocolaty and made me very happy. 

Chocolate Mousse
Midway through the evening...after a few glasses of red wine and french food and the buzzing of the francophone bartenders and waiters... I felt that I was dining in a local Parisian bistro. It was a great way to spend the evening and I will definitely be going back to this treasure of a restaurant again. 

Les Faux Bourgeois on Urbanspoon

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home