<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: The Twisted Fork (Vancouver, Canada)

May 7, 2011

The Twisted Fork (Vancouver, Canada)

Rumors have it that this is the best place in town for brunch. As a self-proclaimed food/travel blogger I decided I had to check it out for myself. And I can confidently say that this has quickly become my favorite place for brunch in the downtown Vancouver area. 

The Twisted Fork is located on Granville street between Davie st. and Helmcken st. 



Everything on the menu looked delicious but our group opted for the Eggs Benedict and amazing Banana Stuffed French Toast.

Eggs Benedict with avocado

Eggs Benedict with Prosciutto

Banana stuffed brioche french toast

Eggs Benedict with Chorizo
The eggs were perfectly poached and runny, resting on top of some brioche and generously doused in Hollandaise sauce. The chorizo was only cut in half rather than sliced in small pieces so it was actually quite juicy and added a hint of spiciness to the rich eggs and sauce. I didn't love the brioche and would have preferred it was served on a traditional English muffin. Accompanying the eggs was some sauteed spinach, potato patties, and baked beans. The spinach and beans were actually quite heavy so I only ended up picking at them because I was pretty full from my eggs benny and the pieces of French toast that I stole from my friends plate.... the French Toast was amazing and very creative. I have never had stuffed french toast before and this was very tasty. It was only slightly which was great since it was served with a side of syrup and you could adjust the sweetness according to taste. 

French Press Coffee



They seem to have a dinner menu as well. So I will have to go back to test their menu and report back to my faithful readers. 

Twisted Fork Bistro on Urbanspoon

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home