<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Acacia Fillo Bar (Vancouver, Canada)

August 3, 2011

Acacia Fillo Bar (Vancouver, Canada)

How is it possible that I have walked by this place a million times and never managed to take a peak inside? Over the weekend by pure chance (and luck) I ended up at Acacia Fillo Bar to grab a quick bite before the pride parade started. 

I have been searching for good breakfast spots downtown for quiet sometime- and after trying the food here it has gone straight to the top of my list. It's a very small Bulgarian/Eastern European restaurant and coffee shop nestled in between shops and restaurants on Denman street so it's easy to miss. I'm just sad that I had not discovered it sooner. 

First off, I ordered freshly squeezed orange juice (which was squeezed right before my very eyes). Next, I tried the spinach and feta fillo which was so fresh and delicious and unlike anything I've had before (similar to a Greek Spanakopita...but definitely better). You can really tell at a place like this that time, effort and quality is put into each and every meal. Next, I ordered the chocolate and berries fillo roll which was oozing with chocolate and berry from all sides. It was sooooo delicious that I think I may just have to go back for some more. You could tell that there were a lot of regulars there and I can see why (one regular told me that the pumpkin filled fillo is to die for- I'll have to try it next. I even spoke to a Bulgarian friend afterwards who told me its a favorite amongst local Bulgarians (which is always a good thing. I definitely plan on going back to try their full breakfast menu. I'll keep my beloved readers posted on the verdict. 





Acacia Fillo Bar on Urbanspoon

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 04, 2011 , Blogger nathaliedelakim said...

oooh, that looks so good! I want to go there next time I am in Vancouver:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home