<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Sunday Cooking (Athens, Greece)

September 25, 2011

Sunday Cooking (Athens, Greece)

Baked Eggplants from Vefa's Kitchen


I've had Vefa's Kitchen Greek cookbook in my book case for over a year and have hardly touched it. Perhaps I listened too intently to my Greek friends who laughed at me for having bought it, telling me Vefa has turned into quite the cult figure over here in Greece. Shame on me. 


I love the book's minimal and clear design, plus its beautiful photographs. And isn't that reason enough to buy it in the first place? I also found it very handy that all measurements are given in metric and imperial, as well as temperatures in Fahrenheit and Celsius.

And so this Sunday afternoon I finally decided to try out one of her recipes: baked aubergines (or Καπακωτή in Greek). The dish was, although a bit time-consuming, very easy to make. I did add some more chile pepper as most Greek dishes are a bit bland to my taste. The result: a tasty and healthy early fall vegetable dish!

Do you love eggplants as much as we do? Check here for another delicious eggplant recipe by our very own hungry nomad.  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home