<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Hip City Veg-Rittenhouse Square (Philadelphia, USA)

August 28, 2012

Hip City Veg-Rittenhouse Square (Philadelphia, USA)

You all know by now that I'm far from a vegetarian. But that is not to say that I don't enjoy a healthy veggie meal here and there. So on one particular day last week while feeling like a vegetable-friendly meal, a friend and I made our way over to HipCityVeg. 



It is located a short distance from Rittenhouse Square on 18th Street. The place was small and packed. We managed to make it during their lunch rush so had to wait in line to order. As we were waiting two elderly ladies leaving recommended the Curry Tofu Wrap. Everything looked equally delicious but after the recommendation I had to go with the wrap. My friend ordered the Bistro Bella. 



To the left there was a green smoothie machine and I was told that I must try it. So it was added on to our order. A few minutes later our food was ready. It was a beautiful sunny day so we decided to have a small picnic in the park. 



The Smoothie officially named the 'groothie' was made with spinach, apples, pineapples and bananas. It was very thick filled with a whole day's worth of fruits and veggies. Who needs vitamin pills when you can get your hands on this?



The cookies and cupcakes were also tempting but I stopped myself at the groothie. Next time, I'll make sure to try a cookie. 





Owner Nicole Marquis had a vision for fast-food vegan: vegan Burgers, Fries, Salads, Wraps, healthy drinks and snacks. She worked with chef Rich Landau to come up with the innovative menu and the result: Fast-food vegan!  From the Chik'n Burger to their buffalo bella- everything on their menu is meat free. 

Doesn't it look pretty?

My friend's burger looked like a traditional burger just healthier. It was served on a soft whole wheat bun stuffed with herb glazed sliced portobella, dijon, olive tapenade, tomato, artichoke and arugula. Sounds good right? It was! The mixture of flavors was a first for me. Olive tapenade with portobella mushroom? Amazing!


My curry tofu wrap was so good, I've been dreaming of it since. It was wet, filled with difference sauces , flavors and soooo juicy. 



It seemed the wrap had everything in it: sprouts, spinach, tomato, cilantro-white bean puree and cucumber yogurt dip on the side. I think the photo below shows what a delicious mess it was. Hands oozing with curry juice I had every last bite. 


It was so good even the finches (and pigeon) wanted a bite. 




Hip City Veg on Urbanspoon

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home