<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Bubble Tea at Honeydeux (New Orleans, USA)

May 7, 2012

Bubble Tea at Honeydeux (New Orleans, USA)

Ever since I moved down to New Orleans I kept questioning why there were no bubble tea places around.  After all, it is a frozen drink and seemed like it would be a  great hit down here. Well, I am happy to say that finally one has opened on Magazine street. Honeydeux serves bubble tea in a range of real fruit flavors along with an assortment of asian shaved ice and wraps.  





What to look for in a good bubble tea? Do they use real fruits? If so you know its good. This place even uses real taro roots (the purple drink on the bottom) which is ever so delicious. Most places use taro powder rather than the real thing. Next, you should look for a perfect proportion of tapioca balls which are average in size and not overly hard or soft but chewy. My personal favorites are the taro, coconut and honeydeux. I'll have to go back and try their asian shaved ice which is served with fruits and a scoop of ice-cream on top finished off with condensed milk. Anything with condensed milk makes me happy (in fact I may or may not eat spoonfuls at times for dessert...mmmm condensed milk). Ok. Back to my review.... as you can tell by the pink lipstick below I tried the taro and loved it. 


The prices are a bit on the steeper end but I'm thinking its the new trend down here. More competition would bring down prices; unfortunately for us, there aren't that many bubble tea places around and so you have to pay the higher price. In return however you do get real fruits as opposed to powder. 


Honeydeux on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home